Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Court Date

So, yesterday.... as I was standing in the hallway outside of Evelyn's dance class, I received a new email from our POA in Rwanda. I love to see anything from her! Anyway, she tells us that our court date had been set for today! Today! Woah, I was not expecting that.... it then went on to say that she thought we might like to see a recent picture of our baby girl!! Um, yeah we would! How wonderful it was to see another picture of our baby! She has grown since her last photograph... those chubby cheeks and wonderful lips! I just can't wait to have her in my arms!

Well, on to the court date thing.... the judge did not have enough time to get through all of the cases that were scheduled, so we were not able to have our official results... It may be next week, from what we are hearing. Needless to say, I still need to get some serious packing done! I am not that good about preparing in advance... and without an actual departure date, it is kind of hard to get myself to start organizing.

So time continues to sail, we have had a picture of our baby for five weeks now! We are so ready to complete this last phase and get on with it to bring her home! We are making arrangements with an adoption centered travel agency and we are looking at possible travel dates... all dependent on the timing and outcome of our court date. Can't believe it is almost here!

No comments: