Friday, February 06, 2009

here we go

I am starting this blog as a kind of journal... we are venturing into new territory and I felt it necessary to 'journal our journey'.  Mainly, there is some sort of program that can turn this blog into a book and I think that could be pretty cool when this is all said and done!

We have been very much wanting to expand our family for the past two years, and it has not come to pass.  For awhile (about a year) I felt that I could "explain" the reasons as to why it had not happened... and lately (about 3-4 months) I was finding myself at a loss and really in a state of sadness...not knowing what God's plan was for us... not knowing what was 'right' for our family.  Adoption has been something that I had always thought as a possibility, even before ever having a child by birth.  So, in the last few months, I really started to open my heart and mind to the possibility of adoption.  Obviously, in order for it all to work, Daniel and I needed to be 'on the same page', so to speak.  I was really impressed with Dan's openness to this possibility and just his pure desire to expand our family!   After some emotional conversations and realizing the true desire of our hearts we decided to pursue finding out about the process of adoption.  After many hours on the computer, one agency stood out above them all.  America World Adoption Association was a faith based organization that truly had a heart for adoption and had such great information on the entire process... so many families had wonderful stories of their experience and went through the emotions we have, and are going through.  We have filled out the initial application, signed the letter of request, paid the application fee and sent in our family picture!  The process is beginning and we are excited and hopeful of what the Lord has in store for our family.  We have set a few specifications on a child that we would like to receive: a girl, 0-12 months from Rwanda.  We are praying for guidance and wisdom as we journey this road.

No comments: