Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Flights are booked!

We have our airline flights booked! We will be leaving early in the morning on May 21st... by way of Washington DC, to Addis Ababa Ethiopia and arriving in Kigali at 1:15pm on Saturday the 22nd (there time, which is 6 hours ahead of us). We are getting bags packed and panning all the things we need! Two weeks is a long time! I have made several packing lists... Dan thought we should do a 'dry run' of packing everything this weekend so that we know what suitcases work best and make sure everything fits! This ought to be fun! :)

We just can't wait to hold this little girl in our arms... and I am trying to mentally prepare for her response.... we are complete strangers to her! No matter how much we love her and feel like she belongs to us, she is completely unaware of what is going to happen in the next few weeks. I want to be sensitive to that... not to have my feelings hurt when she will likely cry for the nuns when they give her to me. I want her to be able to feel our love for her... I want to give her the attention that she hasn't been getting. I want to be her mom.

No comments: