Monday, May 24, 2010

My girls

Tears streamed from my eyes as I laid in bed minutes ago...

I was sound asleep, daddy, then Evelyn, then Lindy, then Aubrey across the bed. Lindy woke with a loud cry, just one, but Aubrey was right on top of it. Evelyn was also startled with this cry, she said, "baby sister woke me up" but little did Evelyn know that she must have been sleep talking because moments later she was rolled into me breathing heavily, normal. While Evelyn lay next to me, Aubrey readied a bottle and quickly began what was a ritual with Evelyn for a long time, a mid-night bottle. Oh the sounds that Lindy made taking that bottle, it was all over at that moment, just little grunts and big breaths, baby noises. Lindy took that bottle well and Aubrey finished things off with a little rocking in the bed. I love my girls with all I have and am so proud of them all. I contend that my love is not now spread between more, but that God has given more for me to give. I have to get some sleep, thank you all for your prayers.



Location:Chez Lando Hotel Bathroom, 1:48AM

2 comments:

Jason Heron said...

Dan,
I appreciate your posts on this blog. Very proud of all of you and happy for your growing family. I especially like your comment at the end of this post, that your love is not spread out more, but that you have been filled with more to give. I think this is a profound truth of parenthood and one that can give us some vision of the love of God. We will say a prayer that you all travel home safely, and we look forward to meeting Lindy some day.
Love,
Jason

Unknown said...

Now stop this... I told you I can't handle any more tears...

Love all of you so much... even the Daddy huddled in the bathroom of the Chez Lando Hotel bathroom at 1:48am, pecking out on his iPad about what it means to be a daddy in love.

Mom