Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Marmite

My mom was born in and grew up in Africa.... and as a result, I LOVE marmite! Marmite is a spread that we put on toast.. it's yeast extract, actually.... in a dark brown jelly form! Hard to explain, but anyway I love it... it's probably an acquired taste. My daughter has learned to love it... Tonight, I am sitting in my kitchen eating toast with Marmite, thinking of Africa! I'll be there in two days.... holding Lindy for the first time. I'll be sure to stock up on jars of Marmite while I'm there and Lindy will learn to love toast with marmite, too.

2 comments:

Amy said...

And don't forget to look for sprinkle spice!

Anonymous said...

Yum...our favorite too!!! We lived in the UK and know that grilled cheese tastes so much better with Marmite. We can thankfully get it here in Canada, but it is pretty expensive:)