Friday, May 21, 2010

The long leg of the trip

We now sit in the Boeing 767, a 2-3-2 plane, watching the rest of the passengers find their seats. There is an Elderly man just in front of me who is needing two attendants to get seated, perhaps a mental issue? He seems of good health, but wow it took about 5 minutes to get him to sit! Evelyn is playing with her buckle, Aubrey is just sitting watching me type, and I'm sweating! Can somebody please turn on the AC? Does the 30 minutes waiting for everyone to board come off the 15 hour flight? As unreal as this seems it still feels right. Signing off, see you in 15 hours.


Location:Hickory Hill,Ashburn,United States

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fifteen Hours!!! I missed four hours of sleep and I feel like a zombie... Hopefully you got to sleep on the plane despite the colorful passenger in front of you. Susie and I surmised it may be a guy who over-medicated due to his anxiety, something not that far out of the realm of possibility for many! Anyhow... hope your bright purpose sustains you through these grueling hours.

I am wearing my African pin today... several people have asked about it giving me the opportunity to share your story... a joy shared...

Still praying for you...

Mom

Jennifer Conklin said...

Oh guys! I've been thinking of you all day, and Caroline prayed for ev when she went to sleep. She also prayed, "please bring her home with her baby sister tomorrow because I miss her so bad!" (too bad she's not dramatic) I know that when I start my day tomorrow you will be with Lindy!
-Jennifer