Monday, May 31, 2010

What I miss, in no particular order.

1. Ice, ice, ice cold anything to drink. I'm getting used to room temp water but man oh man.
2. Paper Towels. Most places have one little paper napkin per plate, some forget that, but we have a 1 year old and 4 year old; things are gonna get a little messy people!
3. High Speed Internet at the drop of a hat. I've become so accustomed to it being with me anywhere with my phone, and fast.
4. Good old tap water, I get dry mouth trying to spit after brushing my teeth for fear of swallowing something I shouldn't.
5. Clean air. It's partly due to construction near our hotel but I can taste the dirt in the air and the autos both diesel and gas burn dirty, black smoke from most tailpipes.
6. Florida orange juice. They have wonderful juices here, tropical blend, passion, pineapple, mango, and orange but it just ain't the same and Ev agrees with me.
7. My guitar. I have wanted so badly to lead our group in song through this trip but I haven't even seen one since I left and I knew Aubrey wouldn't let me use it for a checked bag. :)
8. American beer. The lighter beers here are all lagers and they tend to give me a headache. I know it seems like everyone else cracks on our beer but I happen to enjoy it...and do I need to mention COLD, ICE COLD!!!
9. Sports talk radio. This might seem weird to some, but I don't know how to explain it, 97.1 theFAN keeps me in the know.
10. Family and friends. I miss my across the street neighbors with their kids taking baths in our pool. I miss hearing about the farm and all it's problems. I miss my in-laws taking care of Evelyn. I miss my friends that I play bball with and go cycling with. I miss hanging with other couples that also appreciate American beer. I suppose I even miss Winston our dog, but our time is coming to an end here and I want to soak it all in, there won't be many times I will be on the continent of Africa.

Neeley Dan out.

3 comments:

Amy Bogear Noland said...

15 days away from home is a very long time! We miss you all so much! We will try to have everything on your list when you arrive home. I may even put some mugs in the freezer.

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess we can rule Africa out for Pops..You know him and his water jug!! Over 50 acres of hay baled - mostly big squares - and some off to WVA with Roger. Planting beans now. Got rained out today. Weather hot - upper 80's - and humid.
Thanks so much for the pictures!! I've been showing them around!! Got them downloaded, printed and everything!! Love you and miss you bunches! Looking forward to Saturday!! Grandma Carola

Sam I Am said...

And we miss you, too. Thanks for all the updates. We're looking forward to seeing you and meeting Lindy. You continue to be in our prayers.

- Sam and Kathy