Monday, May 24, 2010

Home of Hope

The orphanage is amazing. The premises have tall brick walls all the way around, their tops are lined with broken glass bottles. There is a beautiful garden that looks like the soil was shipped in, it's so rich and dark. The buildings are well kept, we see detioriated ones all over the city, but these are in good shape. It is placed on a steep hillside, as most of Rwanda is, but this seems steeper than most, every building is down another set of steps. While we were there for the first time, it was a Sunday, as we held Lindy in our are arms we could hear singing from the nearby church. We drove past the church on our way and could see through the open doors of the church a packed house, 600-700 easy as it was a very large church. Their singing struck me, it was loud, spirited, and just an awesome backdrop during our visit.



Location:Chez Lando Hotel

5 comments:

Amy Bogear Noland said...

Good morning! I can't wait to see your first family picture on Lindy's Gotcha Day!

Unknown said...

Thanks for reminding me of the church singing... I don't know if it sounds like the singing we had in South Africa but the amazing harmony that just comes naturally to a congregation is incredible! Thanks too for the Evelyn loving Lindy photo... I am so glad you captured such an emotional moment on film... makes me cry... and that is something I have got to stop doing!!!! Ha! Ha!

Off to get C&C to school...

Love,

Mom

Jennie said...

I can't believe I just found out about this blog. I'm so excited for you all and can't even imagine the way you must feel. The pictures are so precious. I'm looking forward to meeting Miss Lindy Neely - she is beautiful! I'll be continuing to pray for safe travels as you continue this amazing journey!

Jennie said...

Sorry, that earlier post should have read Miss Lindy Neeley! I showed Lexie the pictures tonight and she loved them. Her exact words were "Aw, she's cute, now "Ebelyn" has a sister too!"

Dan said...

Jennie, when we saw your comment and wondered who it was I told Aubrey I was sure you wouldn't misspell Neeley. Hah, LOL